The Master of Science in Sport Management is designed by UF’s top faculty to reflect the latest advances in the sport industry, presenting an equally theoretical and practical approach to skills and knowledge critical to success in the industry.
The program is a perfect fit for those looking to have an impact on the behind-the-scenes facets of sport. You’ll learn the essential administrative functions that keep athletes on the field, such as sports analytics, facility operations, and guest relations. You’ll also have the option to add expertise specific to your area of interest with a choice of four management specializations and two graduate certificates.
If you’re interested in pursuing leadership opportunities and getting to the top of the field – whether in the collegiate, professional, or amateur arena — the program can help you reach your professional and academic goals. Graduates of the program can go on to explore a number of specialized career opportunities and leadership positions within sport organizations, including:
- Sports administration (varying levels)
- Sales and marketing coordinator
- Financial / contract analyst
- Facility operations manager
- Game day coordinator
- Event coordinator
- Guest relations manager
- Athlete performance training and development specialist
- Sports agent
- Compliance officer
The Athlete Development specialization qualifies students to pursue certification through the Professional Association of Athlete Development Specialists (PAADS).
Push your passion for sport further with a master’s degree in sport management, request information to learn more.
Free Sport Management Career Guide
The University of Florida is proud to offer the ultimate resource for those interested in the sport management industry. The guide includes tips for getting a running start in the field, salary information, job descriptions, and career growth options for more than 20 roles across five major disciplines of sport management, including:
- Facilities, event, and program management
- Sport marketing, sales, and promotion
- Representation and athlete development
- Sport organization finance and management
- Sport law
In the Department of Sport Management (SPM), we study the impact of professional and amateur sports on the personal, social, economic, environmental, and resource infrastructures of society.
Our goal is to improve quality of life by increasing the value and benefits of sports to individuals, communities, and industry. Our leading-edge research, expert faculty, and motivated students are advancing the science of sport.
MS in Sport Management Achievements
- Best Colleges Best Online Master’s in Sport Management: No. 1
- Online Master's Degrees Best Online Master’s in Sports Management: No. 1
- Sports Management Degree Guide Best Online Master’s in Sports Management: No. 21
- Online Masters Best Online Masters in Coaching Programs: No. 2
- Online Masters Best Online Masters in Sport Management: No. 2
Download our brochure to learn more about the M.S. in Sport Management.
The University of Florida nurtures people from diverse backgrounds to address the needs of modern society while sustaining community resources through its mission of service, research, and teaching.
- U.S. News & World Report Top Public Universities: No. 5
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges for Veterans: No. 12
- U.S. News & World Report Most Innovative Schools: No. 52
- U.S. News & World Report National Universities: No. 29
- Kiplinger's Best Values in Public Colleges: No. 2
- Fiske Guide to Colleges list of Best Buys Among Publics: No. 2
- Guide to Online Schools Best Online Colleges for Value: No. 2
- Best Value Schools Best Online Master’s in Coaching: No. 15
- Earned 262 national titles across all sports, with 193 national champion student-athletes
- Won the SEC All-Sports Trophy for 12 years in a row
- Sent athletes to 12 separate Olympiads since 1968, earning 45 gold, 23 silver, and 23 bronze medals
- Supported four Gators being selected to the Google Cloud Academic All-American Hall of Fame, the second best total in the nation
- The only SEC school to place 100 or more student-athletes in the SEC Academic Honor Roll each of the last 15 years